Keeping a list of blog post ideas helps you fight writer’s block and stay in the blogging groove. We all know that the worst thing that can happen to bloggers is writers block. Staying creative and motivated is one of the hardest things about blogging. I don’t know about you but I have some weeks where I can’t think of anything to write about and other weeks I have 100 ideas.
That’s why over the past week I have decided to create a list of ALL the things I could write about for my blog. Then I decided to make a list of all the thing you could write about, no matter what your niche is! I’m sharing that list with you today so that next time you can’t think of what to write about, just head over to the master list and pick something out.
When you are choosing a blog topic, it’s important to ask yourself a few questions.
- Does this blog post solve a problem? If so, what problem is it solving?
- Why do you want to write this post?
- What keywords can you use for this post?
- Does this post help your specific audience?
- Can you give away a free download with this post to grab emails from this post?
Coming up with blog post ideas and then making sure that you can answer all of these questions about that blog post can be extremely stressful. You need to make sure that you stay creative in your business. When you go to make your own list of blog posts that you can write, think of what you are passionate about. What made you start your blog? Can you blog about that? What are you good at?
When I really can’t come up with a blog post idea I start doing research on Pinterest. On Pinterest you can see what’s popular. What are people in your niche writing about? There’s no need to always be reinventing the wheel. I always remind people that you are the expert to your audience. Just because you follow 100 garden blogs, doesn’t mean that the people that follow you also follow 100 other garden blogs. They probably only follow you! This means that you can find what’s working for other people and make it work for you. (P.S. I am not saying that you can copy people. That’s never okay. I just mean find what works for them and do it your way.)
Here’s some blog post ideas for every niche but you can also grab my free sheet with over 250 blog topics!
- Best Weekend Vacations
- Girls Trips
- Hotel Review
- Hostel Review
- Best Hotels in a certain city
- Exotic Vacation Ideas
- Tour Company Review
- Planning your vacation
- Packing your carry on
- Packing for a long term trip
- Book Review
- Fitness Routine
- Places that you’ve visited
- Bucket Lists
- Do a fun TAG
- Share a skill you have
- Roundup of your favorite blogs
- Share your favorite inspirational quotes
- What you did last weekend
- What’s in your handbag
- Product review
- Favorite products round up
- Your “everyday” products
- Makeup Tutorial
- Hair Tutorial
- Nail Tutorial
- Skin Care Routine
- DIY Make up routine
- DIY Beauty treatment
- Wedding Makeup
- Outfit of the day
- Seasonal trends
- Red Carpet Finds
- How to find high fashion for every budget
- Thrift store finds
- Store Review
- Favorite Heels
- Workout Outfit Finds
- Style Icons
- 10 Ways to Style a… (Scarf, White Shirt, Pair of Shoes)
- A Letter to your teenage self
- Write about your dreams for the future
- Reverse bucket list
- Write about a struggle you overcame
- Summer Bucket List
- Winter Bucket List
- Write about your role model
- Write about why you started a blog
- Things to avoid on your personal blog
- How to make money on your personal blog
Blogs about Blogging
- How to start a blog
- How to choose your blog niche
- Finding stock photos for your blog
- Branding your blog
- Marketing your blog
- Creating a business Facebook Page
- Creating a blog Instagram Account
- How to use Pinterest for your blog
- Group boards for bloggers
- How to grow your email list
- Easy Snacks/Appetizers
- Meal Prepping
- Vegans/Vegetarian Meals
- Fad Diets
- Best Food Documentaries/Food Shows
- Clean Eating
- Date Nights/Dinner for Two
- Favorite Places to Eat
- Your Favorite Food Bloggers
To get the full list grab the download I have for you! I will add ideas to the list and update it all the time so it always stay current. If you want to make changes or add to it, please just make a copy!