The Statistics are in! Pinterest is officially the most powerful platform on the Internet. If this article doesn’t convince you that you should have your business on Pinterest then I don’t know what will.. Pinterest is where you should be focusing on your marketing, your community, your products and your team.
These statistics were pulled from various websites, sources are included for most but a lot of this information is shared through Pinterest itself. They know how powerful they are yet they are still letting you run wild posting everything for your business without having to spend a dime.
Number of Monthly Active Pinterest Users:
Number of Pinterest Users from the US:
Pinterest Users from Around the World:
Number of Pinterest Pins:
Number of Pinterest Boards:
Number of Pinterest Users that save pins to shopping related boards daily:
The Pinterest Market Value:
- 81% of Pinterest users are actually Females.
- 40% of New Signups are Men; 60% New Signups are Women.
- Men account for only 7% of total pins on Pinterest.
- Millennials use Pinterest as much as Instagram.
- The median age of a Pinterest user is 40, however, the majority of active pinners are below 40.
- Half of Pinterest users earn $50K or greater per year, with 10 percent of Pinteresting households making greater than $125K.
- 30% of all US social media users are Pinterest users.
- 50% of Pinterest users are from the US.
Pinterest is on its way to make $700 million in revenue this year.
Pinterest is currently valued at more than $11 billion.
- There are over 75 billion ideas on Pinterest.
- 40% of Pinners Have a Household Income of $100k+,
- 87% of Pinners have purchased a product because of Pinterest.
- 72% of Pinners use Pinterest to decide what to buy offline.
- 1 of 2 Millennials Uses Pinterest Every Month.
- Over 5% of all referral traffic to websites comes from Pinterest.
- Pinterest said 80% of its users access Pinterest through a mobile device.
- 93% of active pinners said they use Pinterest to plan for purchases and 87% said they’ve purchased something because of Pinterest.
- Two-thirds of pins represent brands and products.
- Food & Drink & Technology are the most popular categories for men.
- An average Pins made by an Active Female User is 158.
- Top Category in the US is Art, Art Supplies & Hobbies.
- Recipes: There are more than 1.7 billion recipe Pins.
- Shopping: Every day nearly 2M people Pin product rich Pins.
- 50% Have Made a Purchase After Seeing a Promoted Pin.
- Promoted Pins are repinned an average of 11 times per advertisement.
- Articles: More than 14 million articles are Pinned each day.
- Average time spent on Pinterest per visit is 14.2 minutes.
If you want to learn even more about how this platform can work for you, make sure to signup for my Pinterest Playbook Course. This course covers finding your audience, marketing on Pinterest, understanding analytics, grabbing emails and loyal fans from the platform and more.
My number 1 intention for this course was to create a course packed with so much value that you would see results in your own life in only a few months time. If you have any questions you can always reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.