There are no limits to what you can blog about. However, there is an art to creating a profitable blog. In order to run a blog that makes a profit, you have to plan. You can have to put thought and effort into your blog. Believe me, I know. My blog didn’t turn a profit for over 3 years because I wasn’t doing any of that. I was just blogging for me and never for my audience. Not to mention I NEVER picked a niche. I just blogged about what came to mind that day. Doing this lend me to never develop an audience or make money on this platform.
I’ve finally switched my focus to running a profitable blog and for the first time in 3 years of blogging, I am seeing income from this and I am loving it. That’s why I want to help you pick a topic for your blog, or a niche, that’s going to help you be profitable as well.
A few questions that you could ask yourself about profitable blog niches are:
- How do blogs make money?
- Why does your blog topic matter when it comes to making money?
- What are the TOP blog niches that other people are using?
- How do I start a profitable blog?
- What blogs make the most money?
- What blog niches are the most popular on Google and Pinterest?
I want to cover a few of these things and then I have a special gift for you! It’s a free download with over 100+ profitable blog niches that you could use to start your own blog today.
First things first,
How do blogs make money?
Blogs make money a couple of ways. Each way is going to be determined by the blog that you have.
- Ads. Blogs can make money by running ads. This is probably the most well known way that blogs make money. However, it’s becoming much less common. People don’t want you to have ads on your website and google will actually penalize you for having them. I personally use no ads on my site and I even have an ad blocker so when you use ads on your blog, I don’t see them. You also only make money using ads if you have A LOT of traffic. As a new blogger, the chance of you making money through ads is very small. I recommend choosing another method of monetization for your blog.
- Affiliate Marketing. This is my favorite way to monetize my blog. Affiliate marketing is when you promote a product or service with a special tracker link that contains a cookie. That cookie let’s the company know that whoever purchased came from your link. Then you get paid, at no additional cost for your audience. There’s an art to making a lot of money affiliate marketing, it can be extremely profitable so I highly recommend learning more.
- Sponsored posts. Having a targeted blog niche is basically the only way that you are going to be able to make money doing sponsored posts. When you have a targeted niche and audience, people are going to want you to promote their products for a wider audience. If you blog about gardening for example, you can reach out to different gardening companies that you love and make them a pitch for why they should work with you. In order to do this you have to have a kick ass media kit and great email templates that catch their attention and let them know why they should work with you!
- Digital Products. The last way that you can monetize your blog is through digital products. This can also be determined by what you blog about. When you are picking your blog niche, if you want to sell digital products, you should think ahead about what you want to sell. Then make sure that works with the niche or the other way around. You’ll have a really hard time selling home organization guides if you blog about gardening. However, if you want to blog about Gardening you could see a planting planner or an eBook about what to plant when. There’s unlimited ideas when you are just getting started. You just have to be willing to learn and put in the time to make products. For an example of what an online store looks like, you can view my online store here.
Why does your blog topic matter?
I talked briefly about why your blog topic matters, especially when it comes to running a profitable blog but I want to share a few specific reasons.
- Having a blog niche helps you become an expert in your field. When you are an expert people are going to be way more loyal. You are going to land more blog subscribers and you will get more traffic.
- When you pick a blog niche and focus down on the keywords that relate to that niche, you are WAY more likely to show up in Google and Pinterest search results. These search engines will start to recognize you as an expert in your industry. If you are constantly blogging about different things, your keyword and search engine optimization won’t be as strong and you’ll be less likely to trend.
- With a strong blog niche, you can reach out and land even more sponsored posts. You’ll be able to work with bigger brands and make more money from a single collaboration. However, if you want a big part of your blog to be sponsored posts then you need to choose a blog topic that you could get a lot of companies involved in.
Next up, other people!
What are popular niches that others are using?
Of course there are people blogging about just about everything. BUT don’t let that discourage you! If other people are having success that should be a motivator that you could also see success in that niche.
Big niches that other people are blogging in right now are:
- Solo Travel
- Female Travel
- Traveling Blogging
- LGTB Travel
- Group Travel
- Fad diets
- Long term diets
- Diabetes and other health issues
- Mommy Blogging/Newborns
- Family planning
- Family nutrition
- Home decor
- Family travel
- Specific Interests
As you can see, people are blogging about just about everything. Blogs that make the most money are blogs that are well researched and planned. Blogs that don’t just happen over night and blogs that last the ages. Blogs that withstand time are the most likely to make the most money! Which is why I NEVER GAVE UP!
Are you ready to start a profitable blog? Go ahead and download this special guide with over 100 blog niches that could be highly profitable for you.
Then once you’ve picked a topic, read my Ultimate Guide for Starting a Profitable Blog!
After you have your blog set up, you can check out a few of my favorite resources to see your blog grow exponentially.
- Pinterest Marketing for Bloggers
- Ultimate Guide to Tailwinds
- Finding the Best Free Stock Photos for your Blog
Good luck blogging!