Welcome back! In this post, I’m sharing the hottest trends – helping you know exactly what to post on Pinterest in January 2024. This post is going to be organized by niche so you can easily find the trends for you. Scroll through and find plenty of ideas to help your blog and content grow on Pinterest this January.
It’s been a while since I created one of these guides. In fact, it’s been so long since that Pinterest now has released Trends. Their way of telling you the exact content that you need to create to stay relevant and grow. Thanks Pinterest!
But that doesn’t mean you don’t still need help narrowing them down and picking the best ones. Because some trends fizzle and pop and others give us that slow burn that’s here to stay. Last year, I helped a client write one blog post per month based on a relevant Pinterest trend – and her Pinterest alone went from this 👇🏻
To this 👇🏻
Amazing right? That’s the power of Pinterest, and the power of taking these Pinterest trends and turning them into the content your audience is genuinely asking you for.
If you’re new here and wondering how to use this guide – it’s easy! Everything on this list is a trending keyword on Pinterest. Turn them around and create content! Maybe that means a dedicated blog post about the hottest nail trends for Valentine’s Day or simply recording a video talking about that topic that you’ll then share on Pinterest. Or if you’re the queen of content, do both!
Whatever you choose to do next, this guide will help you grow on Pinterest! Without further ado, here’s what to post on Pinterest in January 2024.
What to post on Pinterest in January 2024
I’m bringing these posts back throughout all of 2024! Circle back every month to find the trends and content ideas that I’ve researched for you – in every topic and niche on Pinterest. This is your go-to guide for creating scroll-stopping content this year.
Or if you prefer – drop your email on this form and I’ll send you a quick email with the roundup!
The goal: done for you, easy blogging that actually helps you grow. Blogging is a long, long game. Let’s make it a bit shorter by working together.
If you need more help with your Pinterest strategy, check out my services to help you here.
Alright, now that you have a million and one tabs open, let’s create a blogging plan for Pinterest in January 2024.
January Holidays on Pinterest
- 01 January | New Year’s Day
- 15 January | Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- 17 January | Kid Inventors’ Day
- 17 January | Ditch Your New Year’s Resolutions Day (there’s so much we can do with this one)
- 24 January | Compliment Day
- 26 January | Spouse’s Day
- 31 January | Backwards Day
There are a lot of ‘fun and slightly silly’ holidays to celebrate in January. I’ve picked just a couple because sometimes jumping on these silly holiday trends can be just what you need for a quick content idea. But remember, for big holidays coming up (like Valentine’s Day and St. Patrick’s Day) you should already be posting that content months in advance!
Now onto the niches for what to post on Pinterest in January 2024.
January 2024 Fashion Trends on Pinterest
We’re in the height of winter, which means keep sharing your winter looks and capsule wardrobes (they’re HOT on Pinterest right now). You can also start posting outfits related to Valentine’s or Galentine’s coming up – depending on your niche (but don’t be afraid to share outfits for both!)
Here’s what I found when looking at ‘women’s fashion’ on Pinterest for January:
- Coquette Aestethic / Coquette Outfit – watch this space because this trend is going to be huge this year
- Additionally: pink bow aesthetic, coquette bow, and pink bows (all as keywords)
- 2000s Fashion Inspiration – we saw this a lot last year with the rise of ‘Early 2000s Chick Flick and Rom Com Fashion’. In other words, think “Main Character Energy” from our favorite 2000s romcoms.
- Lazy Day Outfit
- Elevated Casual Outfit – notice this year a rise in the trend of “Quiet Luxury”
- Dinner Winter Outfit / Night Dinner Outfit
- Mom Outfits Winter
- Cute Everyday Outfits
- Dream Clothes / Outfit Inspo
- Cold Weather Outfits
- Fashion Inspo Outfits
- Barbie Outfits – she’s not going anywhere anytime soon!
- Chubby style – up 10,000% this year!
Focus on winter fashion for all ages and all sizes, but also put a very girlie spin on everything. Barbie is here to stay and on the rise is Coquette Fashion.
Here’s what I found when looking at ‘men’s fashion’ on Pinterest for January:
- Guys Clothing Styles
- Rick Owens Outfit
- Old Money Outfits Men – Quiet luxury and old money are trends that are here to stay!
- 90s Outfits
- Guys Fits
- Outdoorsy Style
Men’s categories are definitely growing on Pinterest as the male user base gets a little bit higher. It’s still mainly a popular channel for women – but if you’re a man or you share fashion content for men, those ideas are sure to help you grow right now!
Food and Drinks Trends on Pinterest in January 2024
New Year new diet – am I right? That’s usually the trend that we see on Pinterest every January. People want to kick their bad habits, they want to start eating healthier, and mostly, they want it to be easy. Let’s explore the trends this year and see if they add up to what we’re used to seeing.
Here’s what I found when looking at ‘food and drink’ on Pinterest for January:
- Plant-Based Recipes – up 10,000%! As someone who follows a plant-based diet, this is exciting to see! Many people around the world are partaking in Veganuary as well as overall looking for more whole foods and a plant-based diet.
- Brunch Setup Ideas
- Dinner Party
- Food Porn Breakfast
- Ninja Cream Recipe / Protein Ninja Creami Recipes
- Taylor Swift Themed Food (& drinks) – along with Barbie, Taylor is here to stay! If you feel like you missed the ‘Taylor Food Trend’ on Pinterest, fear not! It’s back this January and going strong.
- Coquette Birthday Party / Birthday Cake – we’re going to see Coquette in all aspects of our lives this year, from fashion to makeup and yes, to food.
- Additionally: Blue vintage cake
- Heaven on Earth Cake
- Clean Eating / Healthy Refrigerator
- Spring Meals – this is a great one to jump on right now! It’s a ‘Growing Trend’ up 10,000%.
If you’re a food blogger, make sure that you’re sharing all of your delicious recipes on Pinterest. You have one of the best Pinterest niches out there! And make sure that you’re combining as many of these trends as possible to maximize your results. For example, Plant-Based Recipes and Spring Meals could make quite a nice topic for this month.
January 2024 Beauty Trends on Pinterest
Happy New Year beauty bloggers! Winter kills our skin and our confidence – think about ways that you can keep us moisturized and beautiful during these cold months. From new product roundups to the hottest trends of 2024, this one is for the beauty girlies.
Here’s what I found when looking at ‘beauty’ on Pinterest for January:
- Medium Knotless Braids for Black Women
- Additionally: Simple Fulani Braids and Neapolitan Braids
- Classy Baddie Nails
- Additionally: Simple Classy Baddie Nails and Classy Baddie Nails Short
- 2024 Hair Trends for Women
- Shaggy Wolfcut
- Wolfcut Male
- Beautiful Aged Women
- Whimsical Nails
- Old Money Nails – you’ll see this trend a LOT this year!
- Unique Acrylic Nails
- Baby Hairstyles Short Hair
- Late Winter Nails
- Carmel Highlights on Brown Hair
- Ice Blue Nails Winter
- January Nails Winter Simple
- Feminine Care – coming up a lot – including with ‘Vag Care’
- Valentine’s Nails – this one is going to be coming up towards the end of this month!
We’re seeing such a mix on Pinterest in beauty right now, it’s normally heavy on the nails – and while it still is, we’re seeing a lot of hairstyle searches as well. And I’ll tell you right now, if you have Valentine’s Day content, get sharing it!
Home Decor Trends on Pinterest in January 2024
Home decor but also, more of a lifestyle niche. If you’re in the lifestyle niche – the beauty is you can post about everything! But keep in mind that home decor is HUGE on Pinterest. I have an interior designer client who continues to outperform travel, beauty, and photography!
Here’s what I found when looking at ‘home decor’ on Pinterest for January:
- Little Apartment Aesthetic
- Modern Cozy Bedroom Neutral
- Kid’s Playroom
- Whimsy Goth Bedroom
- Pink Bow Bedroom – YES we’re talking Coquette here. It is a trend that is about to show up everywhere.
- Additionally: Coquette Pink Wallpaper
- Grown Woman Bedroom Ideas
- Moody Farmhouse Kitchen
- Moody Vintage Bedroom
- Additionally: Dark Feminine Bedroom
- Baddie Apartment Ideas
- Unique Beds
- Small Walk-in Closet Designs / Layout
- Warm Room Aesthetic
- Valentine’s Day Decorations for Home
- Blob Mirrors
- Bedroom Inspiration
From simple moodboards to full-blown plans to redecorate, if you’re a lifestyle blogger or interior designer, these are the trends to watch!
January 2024 Travel Trends on Pinterest
Lastly, let’s talk about travel! Where do people want to travel this year? What’s on their bucket lists? Where are the hot destinations of 2024 going to be?
Here’s what I found when looking at ‘travel’ on Pinterest for January:
- 2024 Travel Destinations
- Living in New York City
- Greek Summer
- Turks and Caicos (aesthetic)
- Volunteering (aesthetic)
- Travel Vision Board
- Beach Summer / Summer Beach (aesthetic)
- Ski Trip
- Rosemary Beach Florida
- San Juan Puerto Rica Outfits
- Charleston SC
- Italian Summer
- Anna Maria Island
Right now is a great time to share your 2024 travel vision board and bucket list! January is all about inspiration in the travel field! Well, inspiration and ski trips! There’s an increase in searches for ski trips and ‘Learning to Ski as an Adult’.
Remember that people plan for travel 3-12 months in advance (unlike me who booked a ticket to Thailand 2 weeks ago… and we leave TOMORROW). So when it comes to posting about travel, it’s never too early to share!
BONUS CATEGORY: Content Creator Trends on Pinterest in January 2024
Listen, I know that so many of us want to be creators in 2024. Whether it’s finally starting your YouTube Channel, having the confidence to post on TikTok, or making money with UGC, here are some trends on Pinterest that can help you get started. Also, if you’re in the Content Creator Teaching Niche – these trends will come in so handy for helping you teach your audience!
Here’s what I found when looking at ‘content creator/YouTube/Instagram’ on Pinterest for January:
- UGC Content Examples
- UGC Content
- Content Creator
- Content Creator Aesthetic
- YouTube Business
- YouTube Setup
- YouTube Shorts
- Best YouTubers
- YouTube Vision Board
- YouTube Camera
- TikTok Style
- Instagram Notes Ideas
- Instagram Photo Inspiration
Alright, that’s your guide to what you should post on your blog and Pinterest in January 2024! We’re starting the year strong with plenty of content ideas to make creating EASY. And pretty soon, it’s going to be time to start sharing Spring and even Summer! Gasp! Remember, it’s never too early to start sharing on Pinterest.
(*OK well it might be too early for some things… don’t post about Christmas yet… just don’t)
If you want customized help and ideas specific to you and your niche – send me an email at [email protected]. I offer services like Pinterest Account Audits and Courses to help you learn everything there is to know about Pinterest and make the most of your time on the platform!
Follow me on Pinterest for more! Let’s support each other in 2024 @justynjen. You can also follow my new Pinterest Marketing Account @marketingwithjustyn.
Much like a cup of coffee, I pour my heart into everything I create for you! Share the love, use the button below to say thanks, and buy me a cup of coffee. Thank you for your continued support – buying me coffee is one of the best ways to keep this site ad-free!